Concerned fans have rallied around Kyle Sandilands' longtime manager Bruno Bouchet after the exhausted executive revealed he had spent the night sleeping at the studio amid a string of technical disasters that have plagued the broadcaster's new subscription venture.
Bruno, the Managing Director of King Kyle Group, appeared visibly drained during Monday morning's broadcast of Kyle Sandilands Live after working through the weekend to address ongoing technical issues.
The 40-year-old struggled to keep his eyes open throughout the show and at times appeared to slur his speech, prompting worried viewers to beg producers to send him home.
About half an hour into the broadcast, executive producer Jaimee 'Mayo' Blazquez admitted she was trying to find someone familiar with the system so Bruno could finally get some sleep.
'He's here till he's dead!' Kyle, 55, joked.
'I'm a bit tired,' Bruno replied.
Concerned fans have rallied around Kyle Sandilands' longtime manager Bruno Bouchet after the exhausted executive revealed he had spent the night sleeping at the studio amid a string of technical disasters that have plagued the broadcaster's new subscription venture
Listeners wasted no time flooding the app's comments section with messages of concern.
'Can someone check on Bruno pls??' someone asked.
'Send him home like proper home not just here in the studio.'
One fan agreed, writing: 'Yeah send Bruno home guys. Find someone to learn his job.'
'Poor Bruno needs a good few days rest,' another commented.
Meanwhile, others were more blunt.
'Is Bruno close to death?' on listener asked, while another wrote, 'Bruno is out of it.'
A third added: 'Little uncomfortable to watch Bruno in this state, you guys need to prioritise his health first before the show.'
The media boss struggled to keep his eyes open throughout the show and at times appeared to slur his speech, prompting worried viewers to beg producers to send him home
'Bruno needs to be put into an uber and sent home,' another listener said.
'It's concerning watching him.'
The worrying scenes come just days after Bruno made a startling admission about the lengths he had gone to behind the scenes to get the ambitious new platform off the ground.
Speaking last week as the show's rollout descended into chaos, Bruno confessed he had gone without sleep while working to develop and launch the service.
'If everything went smoothly it would have been worth not sleeping and snorting Ritalin and everything like that, but it all went to s**t,' he said.
Kyle quickly pushed back on the criticism.
'It didn't go to s**t, I just can't hear, I can't hear any audio,' he said.
'The man speaking behind the microphone should be the main one that hears what's going on.'
The latest drama follows a disastrous end to the platform's first week after technical failures forced producers to abandon Friday's broadcast altogether.
The highly anticipated subscription venture, Kyle Sandilands Live, was pulled off air before it could properly begin, leaving paying subscribers in the dark as producers scrambled.
In a video message posted to the broadcaster's app, executive producer Mayo and newsreader Brooklyn Ross apologised to fans after the platform suffered a major technical meltdown.
'We were scared this day might come,' Brooklyn admitted, revealing Kyle was 'very stressed right now' as the problems unfolded behind the scenes.
Mayo said the team was devastated by the failure.
'We're so sorry that the tech has failed us today because the show that we had planned would have been incredible,' she said.
The pair explained that after multiple failed attempts to get the show running, they ultimately made the call to abandon the broadcast altogether rather than continue frustrating listeners.
'We've tried a few times, and I think we're just going to upset you more if we keep coming back and then disappearing again. So we've decided today to not take the show to air,' Blazquez said.
In a video message posted to the broadcaster's app, executive producer Jaimee 'Mayo' Blazquez and newsreader Brooklyn Ross apologised to fans after the platform suffered a major technical meltdown
Subscribers who paid $99 a year for access to the platform were assured the team would spend the weekend fixing the issues before returning next week.
'Monday we'll be back with new equipment, because we've ordered everything, and hopefully we don't have these issues again,' Blazquez said.
Notably absent from the apology video was Sandilands himself.
Earlier in the show, producers attempted to keep fans informed as the technical issues unfolded.
'Hi KSL team, apologies for the technical issues today. We are working to fix it ASAP!' Mayo wrote in an update shared through the app.
The latest setback caps a chaotic opening week for Sandilands' much-hyped independent venture, which launched after subscribers paid upfront for annual access.
But the rollout has been anything but smooth.
The debut episode on August 10 was plagued by glitches almost from the outset, with technical difficulties disrupting the broadcast and forcing an emergency shutdown shortly after 7am while the team attempted a hard reset.
Rather than hide from the drama, Sandilands and his crew openly acknowledged the rocky start, even cheekily naming Tuesday's second episode: 'Hopefully today's better...'
Kyle Sandilands Live marks the radio veteran's return to the microphone following the sensational collapse of KIIS FM's Kyle & Jackie O Show and his subsequent settlement with former employer ARN.

2 hours ago
12








English (US) ·