After much speculation, Sam Pang has revealed he is walking away from his Logies hosting role.
The affable presenter, 52, told The Age on Monday that his three-year tenure as host of TV's night of nights had come to an end.
'I've had three great years, and it was wonderful, but I'm just not going to do it this year,' he said.
The publication reported that Sam had been approached to host the awards on August 16, but 'politely declined'.
'It was very amicable,' he said.
'I'm well aware I may never do it again, and whoever does it I'm sure will do a great job, but I just thought three was a nice number.'
After much speculation, Sam Pang has revealed he is walking away from his Logies hosting role
Sam's cheeky and irreverent comedy as Logies host for three years running proved to be a big hit with audiences and TV's A-list, as well as a major ratings winner for Seven.
The 2025 broadcast enticed an average of 1.43 million viewers – giving the Logies its highest numbers since 2012.
Sam's debut as Logies host in 2023 was also well-received by fans and a ratings success for Seven, with the show drawing an impressive 877,000 viewers.
And viewers credited Sam for the success, with many tuning in to the Logies for the first time just to see him as host.
While there has been no word from Seven as to who will fill Sam's shoes, according to whispers inside the network, several very different names are now being discussed internally.
Among those believed to be on the shortlist are comedians Aaron Chen, Jim Jefferies, and Kitty Flanagan, as well as beloved wildlife warrior Robert Irwin.
'There's a real divide internally about what direction the Logies should go in,' an insider told Daily Mail last week.
'Some executives want somebody edgy and unpredictable, while others think the event needs a more universally loved, family-friendly face.'
'I've had three great years, and it was wonderful, but I'm just not going to do it this year,' Sam told The Age
'It was very amicable,' he said. 'I'm well aware I may never do it again, and whoever does it I'm sure will do a great job, but I just thought three was a nice number.'
Unsurprisingly, Robert Irwin's name is generating enormous buzz.
Insiders say the US Dancing With the Stars champion is increasingly being viewed across the industry as one of the safest and most commercially valuable young stars in Australian television.
'Robert appeals to everybody,' the source said.
'Families love him, advertisers love him, and he already feels bigger than just one network.'
Seven executives are reportedly well aware that whoever lands the job could shape the future identity of the awards show for years to come.
'This isn't just about replacing Sam Pang,' the source said.
'It's about deciding what the next era of the Logies actually looks like.'
Sam all but confirmed the chatter about his Logies future on last week's Front Bar.
Sam's cheeky and irreverent comedy as Logies host for three years running proved to be a big hit with audiences and TV's A-list, as well as a major ratings winner for Seven. The 2025 broadcast enticed an average of 1.43 million viewers – giving the Logies its highest numbers since 2012
Co-hosts Mick Molloy and Andy Maher quizzed Sam on why he hadn't been 'keeping an eye on AFL commentary' as frequently as he used to.
'Some of us are busy,' Sam said.
'Not hosting the Logies,' Mick replied, referencing the recent reports. 'What are you doing? Are you hosting the Logies or not?'
'It's not looking good,' Sam replied.

2 hours ago
10





English (US) ·