Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could soon opt to spend some time living in Australia, according to royal sources.
The Duchess of Sussex travelled Down Under alongside her husband for a four-day unofficial tour in April, during which Meghan filmed a guest appearance on reality series MasterChef Australia.
The couple are set to move back to the United Kingdom by the end of the month, after spending several years based in the USA.
Their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, are expected to start school in the region in September.
But that move back to Harry's homeland is likely temporary, sources told The Sunday Times this weekend.
'It'll be an extended period of time. It could be six months, it could be a year, it could be more. I don't think even they know yet,' the source said.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could soon opt to spend some time living in Australia, according to royal sources. Pictured in Bondi, Sydney in April
'They might suddenly go, "Why don't we try Canada for a while?" They love Canada. "Why don't we try Australia?"
'It's one of the great things about having left the institution.'
During their trip to Australia, Prince Harry visited Canberra for the Australian War Memorial and Invictus Australia events, while Meghan was busy filming MasterChef.
Her guest appearance on the show, which aired on Australian television in July, went down a treat.
Meghan wowed as she stepped into the famous kitchen – and viewers who admitted knowing little about her said they were pleasantly surprised by her warm manner.
While Meghan has long been one of the world's most polarising public figures, fans said the cooking competition allowed them to see a markedly different side of her.
Social media users described the former Suits actress as 'graceful', 'down to earth' and 'genuinely nice', with some declaring she was one of the program's most impressive celebrity guests.
The episode was filmed in Melbourne during Meghan and Prince Harry's Australian visit in April and challenged contestants to prepare a dish 'fit for a Duchess'.
During their trip to Australia, Prince Harry visited Canberra for the Australian War Memorial and Invictus Australia events, while Meghan was busy filming MasterChef Australia. Pictured on the show alongside the judges
Her unexplained absence from part of the Sussexes' Australian itinerary was subsequently revealed to have been caused by the top-secret filming commitment. Pictured in Melbourne in April, where Meghan filmed the reality show
Network 10 first announced Meghan's guest judging role in April, describing her as a 'passionate foodie' and revealing that the appearance had been kept secret from the contestants.
Her unexplained absence from part of the Sussexes' Australian itinerary was subsequently revealed to have been caused by the top-secret filming commitment.
Upon their return to the UK, the couple are to live in a non-royal residence outside of London - having already enrolled Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in British schools.
Harry and Meghan's decision to relocate to the UK was only relayed to the King on Sunday, three days before the news went public on Wednesday night.
The Sussexes decamped to California more than six years ago amid the turbulent Megxit crisis, which was followed by ongoing family fallouts and a barrage of accusations fired at the Prince and Princess of Wales and the King and Queen Camilla.

3 hours ago
8







English (US) ·