Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Are Moving Back to the U.K. With Kids

4 hours ago 10

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Moving Back to U.K. With Kids Archie, Lilibet

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are heading back to his homeland. 

Six years after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped back from their duties as senior royals and moved to California, the couple and their children Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, are moving back to the United Kingdom, according to multiple outlets

The Sussexes will be relocating to a non-royal residence later this month to live for an extended period of time, and Archie and Lilibet will also be enrolled in school in the U.K. beginning in September, per the reports. 

The couple will reportedly keep their home in Montecito, Calif., as well as their vacation property in Portugal.

As of now, there will be no change to Harry and Meghan’s duties within the royal family, and they are expected to continue working on their personal businesses. The move also means that Harry, 41, will be able to spend more time with his U.K.-based charities including WellChild and Scotty’s Little Soldiers, while Meghan, 45, will continue to run her lifestyle brand As Ever from their new locale.

King Charleswho met with Archie and Lili when the family visited England in July—was reportedly made aware of Harry and Meghan’s plans to move back earlier this week, according to the outlets. 

E! News has reached out to Harry and Meghan’s rep but has not received a comment

Vito Amati/The David Foster Foundation via Getty Images

The family’s move comes just over a month after they visited the U.K., where they reunited with the King for the first time in four years. 

In the years since they left the country, Harry had been candid about his hesitation for his family to move back or even visit, especially after a court ruled that they would not be provided extra security protection while there.

“I can’t see a world where I would be bringing my wife and kids back to the U.K. at this point,” the Spare author told the BBC in 2025 after the decision. “And the things that they’re going to miss is well—everything. I love my country. I always have, despite what some people in that country have done.”

Meghan Markle/Instagram

“I miss the U.K.,” Harry emphasized. “I miss parts of the U.K. of course I do. And I think that it’s quite sad that I won’t be able to show my children my homeland.”

As for where he stood with his family at the time—including brother Prince William and sister-in-law Kate Middleton—Harry said that he “would love reconciliation with my family.” 

“I will always,” he added. “There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore.”

For more of the biggest royal news, keep reading. 

Courtesy of Netflix

Meghan Markle's Show With Love, Meghan Scores Daytime Emmy Nomination

Meghan Markle earned her first-ever Daytime Emmy nod on July 14 for the 2026 award show after her series With Love, Meghan was nominated for Outstanding Lifestyle Program.

Photo by Jonathan Brady - Pool/Getty Images

Prince Harry & More Lose $50 Million In Legal Fees After Privacy Lawsuit Loss

On July 7, British Justice Matthew Nicklin ruled against a group of high profile figures—including the Duke of Sussex, Elton John and Elizabeth Hurley—in a lawsuit accusing the Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Daily Mail, of unlawful information gathering.  

In the lawsuit, filed in 2022, the plaintiffs accused the newspaper organization of mobile phone hacking, landline bugging and even home bugging in 97 separate allegations.

Yui Mok/PA Images via Getty Images

Princess Eugenie Announces 3rd Pregnancy

In May, Princess Eugenie shared she and her husband Jack Brooksbank—who share sons August, 5, and Ernest, 2—are expecting their third baby together.

Chris Jackson/Getty Images

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was arrested on Feb. 19, his 66th birthday, on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The arrest came amid renewed controversy over Andrew's alleged ties to Jeffrey Epstein. (Andrew has denied any wrongdoing.)

Aaron Chown - WPA Pool / Getty Images

Prince William and Kate Middleton Break Silence on the Epstein Files

The Duke and Duchess of Wales spoke out amid the release of millions of documents in connection with Jeffrey Epstein, sharing their support for the victims of the late convicted sex offender.

"I can confirm The Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations," a Kensington Palace spokesperson shared in a statement obtained by MS NOW Feb. 9. "Their thoughts remain focused on the victims."

LISE ASERUD/NTB/AFP via Getty Images

Marius Borg Høiby, Son of Norway's Crown Princess, Arrested Ahead of Rape Trial

Marius Borg Høiby—the eldest son of Crown Princess Mette-Marit and step-son of Crown Prince Haakon—was arrested Feb. 1 for assault, threats with a knife and violation of a restraining order, Oslo police confirmed in a statement to The Associated Press.

The 29-year-old—who does not carry a royal title or official duties—is being kept in detention for up to four weeks over risks of reoffending after the Oslo district court granted the request. His attorney Petar Sekulic told the outlet that they are considering appealing the decision.

Høiby is expected in court Feb. 3 as part of a separate indictment regarding four alleged rapes between 2018 and 2024, as well as two alleged acts of violence against a partner and violating a restraining order.

His defense team addressed the allegations in a statement to the AP, saying that Høiby "denies all charges of sexual abuse, as well as the majority of the charges regarding violence."

Dave Benett/Getty Images for Cartier

Flora Vesterberg, Queen Elizabeth's Cousin, Announces Pregnancy

Flora Vesterberg, the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II's first cousin Princess Alexandra, announced that she is pregnant with her and husband Timothy Vesterberg's first baby. 

"Delighted to share that Timothy and I are expecting our first child," she wrote on Instagram Jan. 19. "We're truly over the moon."

Photo by Brook Mitchell / AFP via Getty Images

Prince Harry Appears in Court for Lawsuit Against U.K. Tabloids

Harry appeared at London’s High Court Jan. 19 for the start of what is expected to be a weeks-long trial against Associated Newspapers—the media group that publishes the Daily MailThe Mail on Sunday, and Mail Online—over allegations of unethical newsgathering tactics

Other stars including Elton John, Elizabeth Hurley, and Sadie Frost are also taking aim against the publishing company in the lawsuit.

Associated Newspapers has “vigorously denied” the claims, according to the BBC.

Instagram/Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Celebrate 10 Years Together

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex celebrated ten years together by sharing a romantic black and white video of themselves dancing in their backyard.

Set to Olivia Dean’s “So Easy (To Fall In Love),” the couple revealed that the clip was recorded by none other than their 4-year-old daughter Lilibet.  Alongside a camera emoji, Meghan—who also shares 6-year-old son Archie with Harry— added in the caption of the Jan. 16 Instagram post, “cred: our daughter.”

The couple also shared a throwback photo from their first year of dating. In the adorable snap, the pair embraced each other during a nature-filled getaway.

“When 2026 feels just like 2016….,” Meghan wrote in the caption. “You had to be there.”

Photo by Europa Press/Europa Press via Getty Images

Princess Irene of Greece Dies at 83

The Greek royal family’s private office announced Jan. 15 that Queen Sofia of Spain’s sister died at the age of 83. 

As the statement read, "It is with deep sadness that the Greek Royal Family announces that HRH Princess Irene, beloved sister and aunt, passed away on Thursday, January 15th 2026, at 11:40 local time, in Zarzuela Palace in Madrid surrounded by loved ones."

Her funeral was held Jan. 19 at the Metropolitan Cathedral in Athens following her death, with the burial at the Royal Cemetery of Tatoi.

Arthur Edwards - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Kate Middleton Celebrates Her Birthday With Moving Message

On her 44th birthday, the Princess of Wales shared a message on the power of nature to heal.

“Even in the coldest, darkest season, winter has a way of bringing us stillness, patience and quiet consideration,” Kate said in a voiceover alongside footage of snowy landscapes in her Jan. 9 video. “Where the stream slows just enough for us to see our own reflection, to discover the deepest parts of ourselves, alongside the whispers and the pulse of every living thing.”

She added, “I find myself reflecting on how deeply grateful I am. For the rivers within us flow with ease, fears washed away, cleanse and purify, come to peace with our tears and discover what it means to be alive, to be at one with nature—a quiet teacher and a soft voice that guides in memory helping us to heal in.”

(Photo by Isabel Infantes / POOL / AFP via Getty Images)

Kate Middleton Makes Surprise Appearance With Prince William

The Princess of Wales marked her first public appearance of 2026 as she joined her husband during an engagement at the Charing Cross Hospital in London. The outing in support of healthcare workers came almost a year after she announced she was in remission following her cancer diagnosis.

For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News App

Read Entire Article