Perez Hilton has yet to be released from medical care following his horrific self-harm livestream earlier this month.
On Sunday, Hilton's website shared an update revealing that he was still being treated, but he is now receiving care at an inpatient facility.
According to the statement on PerezHilton.com, the 48-year-old gossip blogger is being attended to by a 'dedicated team of medical and mental health professionals.'
The update on Hilton's site also thanked all people who have 'reached out, checked in, and kept Perez and our family in your thoughts.'
It noted that 'Perez’s health remains the priority as his team keeps the site active and moving forward,' as the site 'will begin publishing again' as of this week.
The update comes after it was revealed that Hilton had been treated for a potential overdose by first responders after his blood-soaked livestream on August 4.
The Daily Mail has reached out to representatives for Hilton for further comment on the story, but not heard back yet.
On Sunday, Perez Hilton's website shared a statement revealing that he is still under medical care, but he is now in an inpatient facility where he's receiving medical and mental health treatments; pictured in January 2025 in Las Vegas
The latest in the story comes days after Hilton's sister Barbara Lavandeira offered a chilling eyewitness account of his shocking self-harm livestream.
Footage from the stream, which the Daily Mail has chosen not to republish, appears to show him smeared with blood after seemingly having taken a knife to himself.
It emerged that his three children Mario, 13, Mia, 11, and Mayte, eight, as well as his niece and Barbara had been at the house in the lead-up to the incident.
Barbara, 42, told Page Six on Thursday that she became frightened for Hilton's well-being after bursting into his bathroom and being confronted with the sight of him 'standing in front of the shower, naked, cut up, covered in blood, with a box cutter in his hand.'
She hauntingly shared that she 'didn’t recognize my brother,' that his eyes 'didn't look the same' and that his smile made her feel she 'was staring at someone else.'
Barbara immediately whisked the children out to the car in a frantic effort to shield them from the 'nightmare' unfolding inside the house.
Barbara appeared to have come upon her brother, whose real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr., after he had already left the TikTok livestream.
'That afternoon, Mario was in his bedroom with the door closed and locked, which wasn’t like him,' she said. 'His door was almost always open.'
The latest update comes after it was revealed that Hilton had been treated for a potential overdose by first responders after his blood-soaked livestream. Pictured 2025 in Las Vegas
Hilton's mother filed to obtain temporary custody of his children, Mario, 13, Mia, 11, and Mayte, eight, in the wake of the incident
'When I knocked, he said he was fine, but I could barely hear him,' Barbara told the outlet. 'After I knocked a few more times and asked him to open the door, he stopped responding.'
Barbara said she then 'tried calling his cellphone in case he couldn’t hear me, but he wouldn’t answer,' adding that 'something just felt wrong.'
She continued, 'I unlocked his bedroom door and realized he was inside the bathroom. I knocked several more times and told him I was going to come in if he didn’t open the door. He still didn’t answer, so I unlocked it.'
Upon entering the room, her 'nightmare became a reality' as she found herself facing her bloodied brother grasping a box cutter by the shower.
'What I can say with certainty is that I didn’t recognize my brother when I looked at him,' said Barbara. 'I saw it in his eyes. They didn’t look the same. Then, a split second later, he smiled at me. It felt like I was staring at someone else.'
Determined to keep the children away from the crisis, she 'left the room, grabbed the car keys and yelled for the kids to run to the car. Thankfully, our mom wasn’t home at the time, and I was able to get everyone out quickly.'
After dialing 911 in order to call the police to her brother's house, Barbara 'messaged my best friend, who lives nearby, while I was on with dispatch, and asked her to please come get the kids and take them away from the scene.'
Hilton's sister, who was visiting him from California, said she made her way back inside and attempted to stifle his bleeding with towels while awaiting the ambulance.
On Sunday, Hilton's website shared an update revealing that he was still being treated, but he is now receiving care at an inpatient facility; pictured in hospital earlier this year
The latest in the story comes days after Hilton's sister Barbara Lavandeira offered a chilling eyewitness account of his shocking self-harm livestream. Barbara is pictured at her baby shower in 2020 in a Facebook photo posted by another attendee
'He had already lost a significant amount of blood, yet he was somehow still able to speak, although his voice was very faint,' she said. 'The ambulance took him to the hospital, and I stayed behind to speak with the crisis team that arrived.'
That date, August 4, 'will forever be one of the darkest days my family and I have ever experienced,' Barbara said.
On August 7, three days after he was hospitalized, Hilton's mother Teresita Lavandeira submitted a petition in a Miami family court to temporarily assume custody of his children, according to public records viewed by the Daily Mail.
Meanwhile, Barbara grappled with 'whether I should say anything personally,' noting that her brother 'has always been an open book,' while she was 'the opposite.'
She described herself as 'a very private person,' pointing out that 'although I’ve worked with him for many years, I’ve always stayed behind the scenes.'
Ultimately, she came to the conclusion that as the 'only person who witnessed what happened from the beginning to the end,' she wanted to break her silence, not only for the benefit of 'everyone who cares about him and has been sending their best wishes' but also in order to dispel the 'rumors' circulating about that night.
Barbara was particularly wounded by those who regarded Hilton's downward spiral as a form of cosmic retribution for the viciousness of his early gossip blog.
'The comments calling this "karma" have been especially painful. I wouldn’t wish what my mother, Mario’s children, or our entire family is experiencing on anyone,' said Barbara, adding that her brother had expressed remorse for his earlier behavior.
'Mario has publicly acknowledged the harm he caused earlier in his career. In 2010, he went on network television and admitted that the outings, doodles, and other things he did were wrong, and he has apologized repeatedly,' she said.
Hilton's team previously revealed that he had sustained 'significant blood loss' as well as unspecified 'additional injuries.'
Hilton's team has confirmed he 'remains hospitalized under Florida's Baker Act,' a law that allows for involuntary hospitalizations. Pictured 2023 in Las Vegas
The statement also confirmed that Hilton 'remains hospitalized under Florida's Baker Act,' a law that allows for involuntary hospitalizations.
Due to the conditions of his facility and the Baker Act, they emphasized that the blogger's 'communication has been extremely limited and confined to immediate family, medical providers, and others directly involved in his care.'
The Baker Act – officially the Florida Mental Health Act – allows medical and mental health professionals, as well as judges and law enforcement officers, to involuntarily commit individuals for up to 72 hours if they are believed to be at risk of harming themselves or others.
Hilton's team emphasized that his 'condition remains serious but stable,' explaining that his 'treatment and recovery' would be a 'long process.'
They also shared that he had been able to spend time with his mother and sister on Friday.
Hilton's team confirmed that his 'children remain safe and are being cared for by immediate family.'
Surveillance footage from a neighbor's house captured the moment when law enforcement arrived at Hilton's residence in Miami last Tuesday after fans reached out to 911 over concerns for his welfare.
Police cars could be seen pulling up to the home not long after 7pm on Tuesday evening. Law enforcement was then seen trying to coax Hilton out of his home in the video.
A deputy was heard calling out: 'Mario, it's the Miami-Dade Sheriff's Office, please step out of the house.'
Clips taken from the footage appeared to show the media personality covered in blood while brandishing a knife.
The livestream video has since been taken down by TikTok, and his account has also been suspended.
If you or someone you know needs help in the US, please call or text the confidential 24/7 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988. If you are in the UK, call Samaritans at 116 123 for free. If you are in Australia, call Lifeline 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline at 1800 55 1800.

2 hours ago
17








English (US) ·