Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney opened up about his relationship, wedding plans and future goals in a candid interview with Channel Seven just one day before he became embroiled in an alleged sexual assault investigation.
Heeney, 30, sat down with Hamish McLachlan for an episode of Unfiltered at Melbourne's Pullman Hotel last Saturday night.
The hotel is the same location where an alleged incident involving a woman and a number of Sydney Swans players is being investigated by police.
During the hour-long interview, Heeney is understood to have spoken about his relationship with fiancée Steffie Waters and their future together.
The couple had reportedly decided to delay their wedding but were said to be happily planning their eventual nuptials.
However, their relationship has since come under intense scrutiny following the allegations.
Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney opened up about his relationship, wedding plans and future goals in a candid interview with Channel Seven just one day before he became embroiled in an alleged sexual assault investigation
Heeney, 30, sat down with Hamish McLachlan for an episode of Unfiltered at Melbourne's Pullman Hotel on Saturday night
Waters has travelled to Noosa to be with her family as the investigation continues.
It is understood Seven has decided not to broadcast Heeney's Unfiltered interview, despite calls from some quarters for the footage to be aired.
'It'll never see the light of day,' a source told the Herald Sun.
The decision comes as Heeney's personal and professional life faces significant disruption, with sponsors reportedly distancing themselves from the AFL star.
She was also pictured without her engagement ring while spending time at the beach with her father.
The investigation into the alleged incident remains ongoing.
Swans players Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey and James Jordon have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season after the club found they breached its standards by staying out late, drinking and bringing women back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel, early Monday morning.
During the hour-long interview, Heeney is understood to have spoken about his relationship with fiancée Steffie Waters and their future together
Swans players Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey and James Jordon have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season after the club found they breached its standards by staying out late, drinking and bringing women back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel, early Monday morning
The suspensions are separate from a Victoria Police investigation into an alleged sexual assault at the hotel. No charges have been laid and all players have denied wrongdoing.
Detectives from Victoria Police's sex crimes squad are expected to travel to Sydney to formally interview the players involved after the woman at the centre of the allegations made a formal complaint on Tuesday.
It's understood detectives are focusing on the alleged actions of Heeney, who spoke with police on Monday before he returned to Sydney. None of the players have been formally interviewed.
The players were allegedly in a room with naked women, one of whom performed lap dances, and that Heeney, who was clothed, was the subject of the complaint.
Several hours later, at about 7am, two women were seen in a shared area of the hotel approaching staff and demanding access to guest rooms, according to witnesses.
One of the women was overheard telling hotel staff she had felt overwhelmed while surrounded by several men in a room.
Sources claim she may have been locked out of the room, possibly naked, the Herald Sun reported.
It's understood she approached a Swans official in the lobby and made a complaint, asking to retrieve her clothes from the room on a level that had been booked out by the club.
Police were called after one of the women later ran into the hotel toilets crying.
The Swans issued an apology on behalf of the five suspended players on Wednesday evening.
'We are deeply sorry to everyone involved,' the joint statement read.
'We know that our behaviour has fallen well short of the standards expected of us and the values of our club.
'We know we have let down our partners and families, members, supporters, teammates, the AFLW team, corporate partners and everyone at the club and the wider community.
'We accept the club sanction and apologise for the impact this has had on those involved. Our focus will now be on rebuilding trust with the club and the community.'
Daily Mail does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or involved in any wrongdoing, just that they spoke to police about the alleged incident.

2 hours ago
15







English (US) ·