Media veterans Karl Stefanovic and Eddie McGuire are set to join Australian Radio Network to create a new entertainment and sports radio show.
The Today host, 51, and radio star, 61, will join forces to co-create the new series, called The Long Weekend, ARN announced Tuesday.
The Long Weekend will see Karl and Eddie, joined by guests, discuss the biggest news, sport, and entertainment moments of the week.
The format promises three hours of music, banter, big personalities, big opinions, and no-holds-barred discussions that will set the tone for the weekend ahead.
ARN are hyping the show up as a major new entertainment format, as it will be the first Australian-produced audio and video format with Australian distribution across broadcast radio, live radio streaming, podcast, social, free-to-air streaming, premium SVOD, and global distribution across the iHeart network.
The Long Weekend will be broadcast live on the GOLD Network, Fridays 12-3pm across Australia, live streamed and available on demand on iHeart.
Media veterans Karl Stefanovic, 51, and Eddie McGuire, 61, are set to join Australian Radio Network to create a new entertainment and sports radio show
It will also be amplified on all social platforms and available via the iHeart global Network in New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, the United States, and the UK.
This exciting new format will also be available on Australia's leading video streaming platforms 9Now and Stan.
Eddie is also set to take the partnership a step further, as his McGuire Media company will collaborate with ARN on a new sport-focused iHeart original podcast series for global distribution across the iHeart network.
Both formats will be produced in partnership with JAM TV, Eddie's production company.
'This is a wonderful new chapter,' Eddie said of the big move.
'Karl and I have been talking about working together for years, and to do it on this scale, nationally on GOLD, internationally on iHeart, on 9Now and Stan and with JAM TV as a production partner is a once in a career opportunity.
'We're going to bring our audience along to wherever the big news, sport and entertainment is happening, with great music in between.
'Karl is one of my closest mates in the industry. Now we get to do this together. Off we go.'
Join the discussion
What impact do you think Karl and Eddie's new show will have on Australia¿s radio culture?
The long-time friends will join forces to co-create the new series, called The Long Weekend, ARN announced Tuesday. Pictured together at the Melbourne Cup in 2008
Karl echoed Eddie's sentiment.
'Since I was born, I've been a student of radio and announcers. The intimacy of the medium is powerful,' he said.
'Working with Eddie makes it even more exciting for me. We've been friends for a long time.
'We are both ready to disrupt the status quo and let me tell you, we'll have plenty of fun along the way.
'God, don't we all need that. ARN have given us this opportunity, now watch us go and have a proper crack.'
The Long Weekend will launch on June 19, 2026.
It comes as Jackie 'O' Henderson and Kyle Sandilands remain at the centre of a Federal Court case against ARN Media over the termination of their reported $100 million contracts, following the collapse of their long-running radio partnership.
Court documents, filed as part of Jackie's statement of claim, outline months of internal tension leading up to the dramatic breakdown of The Kyle & Jackie O Show earlier this year.
It comes as Jackie 'O' Henderson, 51, and Kyle Sandilands, 54, remain at the centre of a Federal Court case against ARN Media over the termination of their reported $100 million contracts, following the collapse of their long-running radio partnership
According to the filings, Jackie, 51, raised concerns about Kyle's on-air behaviour with KIIS network management months before the relationship publicly deteriorated during a live broadcast in February.
The documents allege Jackie began speaking with senior KIIS executives in mid-2025 about what she described as 'degrading comments' made on air.
One August broadcast is cited in the claim, during which Kyle, 54, made remarks about Jackie's personal life and used language she found offensive, prompting her to briefly leave the studio at the time.
The court material also outlines text exchanges between Jackie and KIIS executives in September, where she reportedly said she would not accept the way she was being spoken to, and raised concerns that listeners were describing the on-air dynamic as 'abusive'.
The breakdown escalated in February during what would become the duo's final broadcast, when Kyle criticised Jackie's interests on air and suggested she had become 'almost unworkable', comments that allegedly left her in tears and prompted her to leave the studio.

2 hours ago
10





English (US) ·